Trapped outside her body, Anna sees and
hears but cannot touch the one she longs
Anna has a secret: she can astrally project out of her body. But when there's an accident and her classmate Taylor gets into Anna's body, what was an exhilarating gift threatens to become a terrifying reality. Anna and her best friend Rei form a plan to set things right, but they don't anticipate the feelings that are beginning to grow between them. Auracleby Gina Rosati is an exciting, sensual novel that explores the relationship between body and soul and the power of a single touch.
I was in love from the synopsis! I loved everything about it, from the astral projecting (which you NEVER see) to the characters and drama and everything else!
This book is a new take in the paranormal reading world. It will blow you away with how amazing it is.
The characters are hilarious and you can relate with them so easily. You are reading this and you are either laughing hysterically or you are thinking really, is this for real? And it is in a way, Anna is an amazing character with who you can relate to, the girl who isn't popular but isn't an outcast beautiful and doesn't know it and has 2 smoking hot guys as her best friends that she just realized are GUYS! THAT ARE SMOKING HOT! And only one of them know her well enough, know everything about her inside and out and you don't see much of that anymore. Rei is smoking hot, caring, sweet, smart and gentle and knows that it is NOT Anna in that body, and from then on I was hooked and developed my own little crush..
As Anna is watching from outside her body, she is realizing many things about herself, Rei, her family and social life that she didn't before. Rei is not just the lanky boy next door, he is someone that was always there, always her rock, her best friend. And Rei is coming to realize what he feels for Anna, what he wants to do with life.
This book is an intoxicating read and I recommend it to everyone. It is a new take on paranormal, a fun edge of your seat read.
I would also like to thank the author for the chance to read this book and review it! And Jean for everything she has done! :D
1. I have a husband, an 18 year old son and a 13 year old daughter who are very patient and understanding...it’s not easy to live with a writer.
2. I used to be a secretary. And a cake decorator. And a PTA mom. And I still volunteer at the middle school library one day a week because I love it there.
3. On August 7, 2012, I can officially add ‘author’ to my resume...my debut YA paranormal romance, AURACLE, will debut from Roaring Brook Press/Macmillan.
4. I am forever grateful to my literary agent, Andrea Somberg (Harvey Klinger, Inc.) and my editor, Katherine Jacobs (Roaring Brook Press/Macmillan). AURACLE is a far better story because of their help and guidance!
5. I’m not a fan of politics or organized religion, but I love dogs. And cats. And guinea pigs and bunnies and other fuzzy stuff.
6. I used to drink too much sugary soda (32 oz/day.) When I gave it up, I lost 20 pounds and kept it off.
7. Now I drink too much diet soda. I should drink water. From a reusable container.
8. Blue jeans, T-shirts, hoodies, fuzzy socks and sneakers...I’d rather be comfy than classy.
9. As part of my research for AURACLE, I got a tattoo. Now I have 3 and counting...
10. I cannot astrally project. I tried. But I am excellent at procrastinating!
11. I collect glassy things. And fairy things. And rocks.
12. I believe!