Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review for My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

                  Description :
"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them… until one summer evening Jase Garrett climbs her trellis and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love and stumble through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first romance, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own - even as she keeps him a secret from her disapproving mother and critical best friend. Then the unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A debut novel about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another
Review : Wow. Just wow.This is another book that will suck you in make you feel like you know these characters and your heart breaks along with theirs. Huntley's characters are AMAZING and I love every single one of them and everything that happens in this book is something that you can relate too. This book I read through it happy, crying, screaming and sometimes a temper tantrum and that is when I knew I had to read it again and see if all my emotions were in check and boy the second time I think was worse! I was horrible reading this a big sopping hormonal mess! That is what makes this book is freaking amazing!

I will start with Samantha Reed. What a girl, she is so awesome. Her mother is somewhat horrible I can't help but feel sorry for her that she has an ice cube as a mother! Her sister reminds me of my sisters in a sense, I see both my sisters in both these sisters in so many ways. Samantha's world is turned upside down when Jase climbs up her trellis to her while she is watching his family from her spot on the roof. She falls fast for him and his family but mostly him. She has always wondered how they could always have such a good time next door and not compare them to her little family. Her mother to Jase's, how there is so much affection in one household and barely any in hers. As she and Jase start getting closer, and her mother is barely around she realizes how much some of the comments (even her own mother made ) make her sick and want to punch someone in the face.

Samantha is finding herself, coming out of her shell and finally starting to live her life the way she wants too, she wants to be happy and that is what Jase makes her!!! Through this book so much is happening and your head is spinning with somethings that happen. Somethings in this book will break your heart and just want to hold Samantha and at times Jase (swoons). Then something horrible happens and she has no idea how to handle this, she could hurt two people she loves most and has no idea what to do, she is sick to her stomach over both options but takes the one road I didn't expect and I was screaming, crying and punching all at the same time! I loved loved loved this book.

As you read this book you are feeling everything, and that is what makes a book an amazing book, something you want to recommend to everyone because you cannot stop smiling and talking about the book book and that is THIS book! Huntley nails this book and takes it to a whole new level for YA!
<photo id="1" />

No comments:

Post a Comment