Thursday, September 20, 2012

Entice blog stop!!!

Thanks so much to Sourcebooks for asking me to have a stop on this amazing tour!


This series is me of my favorites! I will start with EMBRACE the first book in the series. This book came to me and I was like hmm note resting cover, and then I started reading and was hooked from page 1.








DESCRIPTION ! I slowly opened my eyes. The sun speared its first bright rays of golden orange into the sky and I leapt from the cliff, with the sorrowful knowledge that no matter what the outcome, at least part of me would die that day... 
 
Violet Eden is dreading her seventeenth birthday dinner. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. The one bright spot is that Lincoln will be there. Sexy, mature and aloof, he is Violet’s idea of perfection. But why does he seem so reluctant to be anything more than a friend? 
 
After he gives her the world’s most incredible kiss – and then abandons her on her front doorstep – Violet is determined to get some answers. But nothing could have prepared her for Lincoln’s explanation: he is Grigori – part angel and part human – and Violet is his eternal partner. 
 
Without warning, Violet’s world is turned upside down. She never believed in God, let alone angels. But there’s no denying the strange changes in her body ... and her feelings for Lincoln. Suddenly, she can’t stand to be around him. Luckily, Phoenix, an exiled angel, has come into her life. He’s intense and enigmatic, but at least he never lied to her. 
 
As Violet gets caught up in an ancient battle between dark and light, she must choose her path. The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity
 
 
REVIEW : OMG OMG OMG! This book blew me away and all other angel books out of my mind, well maybe not my Hush, Hush but close. This author wrote an amazing book, it was mind blowing.
 
This book pulls you in from the beginning, makes you addicted and wanting more. It was kind of like a drug but in a good way. I tried to go to bed but all I could think about was this book and it only happened with two other series!!!! 
 
The characters in this book are real and kickass. Violet is just plain amazing, she is someone to look up to. She makes you feel like your in the book going along with her on all her journeys, fights, and most intimate moments. The only thing that kills me is how blind she is to Lincolns feelings and how fast she turns from him when he was trying to protect her. It broke my heart I was sobbing right in the beginning of the book which is a good thing, you want it to get better, you want to know what she is going to do next, and most of all will she forgive him and herself along the way with some of the choices she makes?!
 
Add in Phoenix god just writing this part about him has me all tingly! What a freaking character he is by far THE best character I have read. He has so many different parts to him and you never know what is real, what hes going to do and how is he really feeling?! I feel sometimes he truly does love Violet but he does so much manipulation then in the end the BIG revelation pushes him away from her kind of like Lincoln.
 
Now Lincoln again another amazing character (this book is full of them). He makes my heart beat wildly. He is by the books, no nonsense head over heels in LOVE with Violet and she is blind in a way. He makes that one mistake which I wouldnt call it a mistake and she turns and doesnt go back, sometimes he feels her resolve but she pushes Phoenix in his face which doesnt really help and all he wants is her and all he has eyes for is her. God i felt for him in this book like no other character. he broke my heart with everything he tries and does for Violet.
 
This book has it all for us the fallen angels, the good the bad, the light and the dark the good and the evil, nail biting, edge of your seat suspense which almost killed me, the love traingle, the fights, the makeups and breakups , friendship and betrayals all wrapped into one pretty little book. This book I dont think could get any better and I am hoping the Sequel will be just as good if not better than this one!!!




Now onto ENTICE book 2 of this series!




Description : Violet Eden is Grigori - part angel, part human. Her destiny is to protect humans from the vengence of exiled angels.
Knowing who to trust is key but, when Grigori reinforcements arrive, it becomes clear everyone is hiding something. Even Lincoln. The only thing Violet does know: Phoenix's hold over her is more dangerous than ever.
The race to find the one thing that could tilt the balance of power brings them all to the sacred mountains of Jordan, where Violet's power will be pushed to the extreme. And the ultimate betrayal exposed.



Review : Another WOW for Jessica Shirvington! I thought book 1 had drama and heart ache but book 2 will sweep you off your feet into all the drama, danger, lsut, love, and a TON more emotions and feelings.

VIolet did NOT let me down in this book! She was just as kick-ass as ever if not more. She is dealing with a lot right now. She's in danger, there are two boys fighting for room in heart, and mind and she just needs a break from it all but can she catch one? I love both Lincoln and Phoenix I don't think male characters can get better then them and they are SO funny. Some of the quotes in this book made me laugh out loud and read to my friends, who were like WTF?! I guess you have to have read the book to know what I am talking about.

But back on track to these two amazingly opposite characters who are fighting for room into us the readers hearts. Seriously HUGE swoon moments. These two are so different but the same. I don't know where my own loyalties lay so Violet's confusion among other feelings are the same for us readers. I know I feel for her and just want to snuggle her up and have some girl time with her, but again she is a character. OK again I am off track but this book makes me SO SO SO excited and I just want EVERYONE to read this series.

Along this journey there is a ton going on that keeps you on the edge of your seat and trying to hurry to the end. But this series keeps getting better and better with every book and I am SO looking forward to book 3 to see where Jessica takes us with Violet!!!

2 comments:

  1. ive got the first book embrace to read, it sounds like an amazing series and i cant wait to read it. definitly thinking i need to order the next books soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series yet! But it looks wonderful, going to go and put these books in my TBR pile. Thank you for posting this. Also your reviews are great, I like to read other's reviews to see how they enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete