Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review for Soulbound Legacy of Tril by Heather Brewer

Description:
What's worse than being blackmailed to attend a hidden school where you're treated like a second-class citizen? How about nearly getting eaten by a monster when you arrive? Or learning that your soulmate was killed in a centuries-old secret war? And then there's the evil king who's determined to rule the world unless you can stop him...

Meet Kaya, a young woman with the power to heal and the determination to fight. But struggle as she will, she remains tied to three very different men: a hero who has forsaken glory, a tyrannical ruler who wants to use Kaya, and a warrior who's stolen her heart. Kaya learns the hard way that some ties can't be broken...and blood is the strongest bond of all 
Review :

Wow. Wow. I am IN love and I think  I have my new favorite book! Seriously this book will blow your mind and leave you reeling!!!! This book was absolutely amazing and I loved every single page, as soon as I got the book I read the synopsis and I was like this is going to be an amazing book and was I ever right!!!


I will start with Kaya. What a character, you fall in love with her right in the beginning. She is a brave, outspoken, stubborn girl with a whole lot of kick ass in her bag and she is hilarious. Some of the comments she says and somethings she does will have you on the floor. She was "blackmailed" from her family to go to Shadow Academy , and she did NOT want to go and she had a HUGE chip on her shoulder, then to top it off her guard never came and one to not wait went looking for the school herself. As she is walking she is cursing the school the guard and everything else in her way, when she comes face to face with a beast that took someone she loved dearly she is scared and has no idea what to do. Add in a stanger with silver hair and who is absolutely gorgeous, and him barking orders at you and you have no idea who he is , and as she trusts him and takes off he saves her life. Then he blows her off and she is surprised by his attitude.


As soon as she gets inside safely she is brought to the headmaster, (what a joke) and she is surprised by his appearance. As she finds out she will be bound in the next few days her head is reeling and she is not happy she won't have a choice to who she will get to have this bond with and she speaks her mind about it all through the book and you just have to love the way she is. There is sweet, gentle Trayton who is a by the book protocol following boy and she feels a connection with him but she wants the freedom to choose him, then there is reckless not so by the book Darius who you can't help fall in love with as a reader. He is the bad boy who is a not by the book rule follower. Throughout the book Kaya is breaking rules, talking back and speaking her mind about how she wants to fight, how healers should be able to protect themselves and of course they don't listen


.As the book goes on you are just falling more and more in love with this crazy stubborn girl, who is not shy to speak her mind (like I said before), fights for what she wants but what does she want? On this crazy journey through this book you have some questions answered, and a bunch left unasked and unanswered but by the end you are like where is the next book, it can NOT end like that and then you want to pull out your hair because hello how long until the next book, am I going to make it. I don't think I will I am already chewing my nails down for book 2 and to see what happens.This is a book for all you looking for something different in the YA category and I think you will fall in love with these characters as I have :D

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you got to read this already! I never heard back when I asked for an ARC. I agree that it looks really different which is why I want to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete